Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Names of God


♫ “Mighty Is Our God” ♫

We aren’t repeating as we sing "Mighty is our God…King…Lord"

There are many Names of God in the Bible

An interesting one is the title of the next song …

“Jehovah Maqor”, Our Fountain

♫ “O Thou Fount of Every Blessing” ♫


On that day there shall be a fountain opened for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and uncleanness ~ Zechariah 13:1

♫ “The Name of the Lord” ♫


Of all the names, perhaps the most personal is Emmanuel … what does it mean?


Christ Jesus … made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross ~ Philippians 2:5-8

♫ “Jesus, Name Above All Names - Something About That Name” ♫

♫ “Glorify Thy Name” ♫

Continuing in Phil 2 …

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. ~ Philippians 2:9-11

♫ “Jesus, Thy Name I Love” ♫

“Jehovah Or” – Our Light



The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? ~ Psalms 27:1

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." ~ John 8:12

♫ “My Love and My Light” ♫

“Jehovah Azar” – Our Help



Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me! O LORD, be my helper! ~ Psalms 30:10

The snare is broken, and we have escaped! Our help is in the name of the LORD ~ Psalms 124:7,8

♫ “Had It Not Been the Lord” ♫

And there is salvation in no one else except Jesus, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. ~ Acts 4:12

♫ “Salvation Belongs to Our God” ♫

Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” God said, “I AM WHO I AM. Say to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ The LORD, the God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.” ~ Exodus 3:13-15

♫ “On Zion’s Glorious Summit” ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment