Monday, December 7, 2009

12 "P"s In a Pod


Our PRAYER
I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies ... The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation-- the God who gave me vengeance and subdued peoples under me, who delivered me from my enemies; yes, you exalted me above those who rose against me; you rescued me from the man of violence. For this I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations, and sing to your name. ~ Ps 18:3 | Ps 18:46-49
♫ “I Will Call Upon the LORD” ♫

Your POSITION
The house that I am to build will be great, for our God is greater than all gods. But who is able to build him a house, since heaven, even highest heaven, cannot contain him? Who am I to build a house for him, except as a place to make offerings before him? ~ 2 Chr 2:5-6
♫ “Highest Place” ♫

Your PRESENCE
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." ~ Ps 91:1-2
♫ “Abide With Me” ♫

Your PROTECTION
O LORD, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God. Selah
But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill. Selah
I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Arise, O LORD! Save me, O my God! For you strike all my enemies on the cheek; you break the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to the LORD; your blessing be on your people! Selah ~ Ps 3:1-8
♫ “A Shield About Me” ♫

Your PROVIDENCE
And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. ~ Ex 13:21
♫ “Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah” ♫

Your PROMISE
For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we proclaimed among you was not Yes and No, but in him it is always Yes. For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory. ~ 2 Cor 1:19-20
♫ “Thank You, LORD” ♫

Your PARDON
... I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. And he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne. And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb ... And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth." Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!" And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!" And the four living creatures said, "Amen!" and the elders fell down and worshiped. ~ Rev 5:6-14
♫ “Worthy Is the Lamb” ♫

Your PAIN
And they stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on his head and put a reed in his right hand. And kneeling before him, they mocked him, saying, "Hail, King of the Jews!" And they spit on him and took the reed and struck him on the head. And when they had mocked him, they stripped him of the robe and put his own clothes on him and led him away to crucify him. ~ Matt 27:28-31
♫ “O Sacred Head” ♫

Our POSITION
You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah ~ Ps 32:7
♫ “You Are My Hiding Place” ♫

Our PORTION
Offer right sacrifices, and put your trust in the LORD. There are many who say, "Who will show us some good? Lift up the light of your face upon us, O LORD!" You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound. In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. ~ Ps 4:5-8
♫ “Shine On Us” ♫

Our PRAISE
Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name. ~ Heb 13:15
♫ “You Are Worthy of My Praise” ♫

Our PEACE
"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" ~ Ps 46:10
But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him." ~ Hab 2:20
But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?" And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. He said to them, "Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?" And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, "Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?" ~ Mar 4:38-41
♫ “Still” ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment